I don’t follow that many other blogs but one I’ve started following recently is My (Dis)abled Life written by Ali who also has Cerebral Palsy. It’s neat for me to read about someone else with the same disability as I do, though I have a milder form of it. It gives me a bit of a different perspective on my own struggles. Ali nominated me for the Liebster Award (Thank you Ali) and below is my entry. If I could nominate her for this award I would.
Day 187: Thank you Lord for My (Dis)abled Life blog and how much it’s inspired me! And Ali for nominating me for this award!
Now that I’ve been nominated here’s what I have to do:
1. When you receive the award, thank the person that gave it to you and post a link to their blog in your post. (Done!)
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you.
4. Choose 11 blogs that inspire you with under 200 followers and link their pages to your post.
5. Create 11 questions for them.
6. Go to your nominees page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts:
1. I’ve traveled out of the US 5 Separate Times 3 times to Europe, 2 to Asia, but I’ve never been to any other country in North or South America.
2. I’m a first generation American, my dad immigrated to the US at age 3.
3. I’m a HUGE fan of musicals! They make up at least half the music on my iPod
4. I write A LOT besides my blog, mostly fiction
5. My biggest Pet Peeve is when people who know how to spell my name spell it wrong
6. I’ve at least driven through every state on the East Coast of the US
7. At one point when I was little I wanted to be both a waitress and a teacher at the same time when I grew up. (Little did I know what their salaries were!)
8. I love to dance but I also love to choreograph dances, several of which have been performed over the years. Last year I choreographed my first musical number for a group of 8, which was definitely an interesting experience.
9. My two biggest fears are heights and falling, a REALLY bad combination. Ladders are a big problem for me, I can go up fine, but am terrified coming back down.
10. I rarely go out without putting on my necklace that says “Jesus Loves Me” in Mandarin.
11. I hadn’t read many blogs before I started blogging
1. Why do you blog? With this blog I wanted to challenge myself this year to do something every single day of the year and to be an encouragement to others
2. What are your challenges with blogging? Coming up with something to write about each day, and some days finding the energy to write.
3. What is your biggest inspiration? People with more severe disabilities than mine who are able to do amazing things!
4. When was your last Random Act of Kindness? Paying for a friend’s lunch
5. What is your dream career? An author!
6. What’s a cause that’s important to you? International Orphans
7. Your favorite quote? “A disability is of the body. A handicap is of the mind.”
8. A quote you are known for saying? “Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera!”
9. Sneakers or something fancy? Flip-flops!
10. Favorite store? Thrift stores
11. Favorite activity? Writing and/or dancing
Questions for my nominees
1. What are you most thankful for right now?
2. Why did you start your blog?
3. If you could have one super power what would it be?
4. If you could meet one person from history who would it be and why?
5. Where’s one place in the world you’d like to visit and why?
6. What do you hope people get out of/learn from reading your blog?
7. Describe yourself in three words.
8. What song (or song lyrics) best describe your life right now?
9. What’s your favorite quote?
10. If you have a day with no commitments or plans of any kind how do you spend it?
11. Who’s your biggest inspiration?
Seeing the Invisible
Adventure of Yasin
The Bucket List Blog
I know that’s not 11 but like I said I don’t follow many blogs and each one of these is special to me. If Ali hadn’t nominated me I would nominate her!